Yuvika herbs present Ashok Chilka Asli with several health benefits.
Yuvika Herbs Ashok chilka asli.
Other Names: Ashoka, Arbre d’Ashoka, Saraka, Anganapriya, Ashokadamara, Asokamara, Kankalimara, Saraca indica Linn, Ashok, Asok, Asoka, Sita Ashok, Hemapushpa, Kankeli
Ashoka tree is one of the widely used herbs in Ayurveda. Ashoka means “remover of sorrow” in Sanskrit. Its botanical name is Saraca Asoca and in some places it is known as Saraca Asoca as well.
Ashoka is the widely used uterine tonic in Ayurvedic medicine. It has several traditional uses that support healthy reproductive system in women. It helps in controlling excessive bleeding during menstruation caused as a result of leucorrhoea, uterine fibroids and other related diseases.
Ashoka tree offers several health benefits and has been associated with Indian traditional medicine for various relieves and therapies.
- Uterus disorders: Ashoka herb is used in the management of female disorders like congestion, excessive bleeding and discomfort or pain. It is also beneficial in relieving dysmenorrhoea, uterine spasms and abdominal pain. It is an efficient tonic for the proper functioning of the uterus.
- Piles: The same decoction as mentioned above is useful in relieving piles as well. Consumption of this decoction will reduce the discomfort and pain caused by piles.
- Dysentery: Ashoka tree flowers mixed with water and made into a paste offer relief from dysentery.
- Pain: Ashoka tree possesses analgesic properties which are beneficial in soothing nerves aggravated by vata element.
- Complexion: Ashoka herb is useful in improving the complexion of the skin. It is used for eliminating toxins from the body. The herb purifies the blood and prevents skin allergies.
- Diabetes: Dried powder of the Ashoka tree flowers is useful in controlling diabetes. Other general uses include the management for the sting of a scorpion. The bark of the tree is used as an antidote for providing relief from a scorpion sting.