Yuvika herbs - Gudbach Powder
Gudbach Powder, Vacha, Acorus Calamus
The Sanskrit meaning of vacha is to make speech clear. It needs moist soil and grow by water margins. Vacha (Acorus Calamus) has been recognized in the Pharmacopoeia of Austria, Germany, Holland, Hungry, Italy, Norway, Russia, Sweden and Switzerland. The medical recognition of this plant in these developed countries itself shows the medicinal significance of vacha.
- Skin care: Take the equal amount of powder of acorus calamus, symplocos racemosa and rice powder. Now pounded it with cow’s milk and apply on the pimples and acne. The regular application helps disappear in three days, if applied properly and religiously.
- Impotency: To enhance your sex life, take the equal proportions of Vacha, Withania Somnifera, Piper longum, Saussurea Lappa and Datura Seeds. Make a fine powder and sieve it. Now take 1 gm of it and mix with 10 gm of cow’s ghee and rub gently on the male genital organ daily. Continue for 21 to 41 days.
- Strengthens male organ: Take the equal portion of Acorus calam us, Sida cordifolia, Sida spinosa, Saussurea Auriculata, Scindapsus officinalis, Physalis Flexuosa and Neriumodorum. Make a fine powder of all these herbs and mix with butter. If a male organ is besmeared with this daily, a very thin one will attain the normal size.
- Improve mental performance: Take the 10 gram powder each of Vacha, Brahmi and Shankhapushpi. Mix and take 1 teaspoonful twice a day with water or honey. This is very effective formulation used in the management of mental disorders.
- Memory tonic: Take Vacha powder (1/2 teaspoon) and Brahmi powder (1/4 teaspoon). Mix and take it with butter and mishri and take it early in the morning. It sharpens memory, intellect and refreshes the mind.
- Piles: Take 10 gram each of Vacha root, Indian Hemp and ajwain. Make a fine powder of these and use as fumigation in painful condition of Piles.
- Loss of appetite: Take 10 gram each of Calamus root, Asafoetida, Aconitum Heterophyllum, Long pepper, Black pepper, Ginger, TerminaliaChebula and Saunchal Salt. Make a fine powder and mix them well all together. It can be used in case of loss of appetite, indigestion, etc.
- Urinary Stones: Take Calamus rhizome (two ounce), Coriander(one ounce), piper nigrum (1 piece) and Water (1 pint). Boil it and reduce to 12 ounce of water. This is a decoction used for theailments of urinary stones. One ounce of this decoction is given to adults thrice a day and add one teaspoon full of sugar in case of children, twice or thrice a day. It should be continue till the symptoms subsidies.
Calamus tea: Calamus rhizome (Small piece) and Water (2 cup ). Cut calamus rhizome into small pieces and allow to boil on mild heat
till the water is reduced to half. Now, add milk and sugar. Now, the calamus tea is prepared.
- For abscess: To cure abscess, one should take mustard seed, terminaliachebula, asafetida, Vacha, moringaoleifera and calotropisprocera. After pounded with amla juice, besmear the affected part and bandagewith the silky cloth for some time. It will subside the swelling.